GIVE TO ME
this is a post where i ask for help
- my name is elie i’m 21 years old white queer trans mentally ill and autistic
- my parents are getting a divorce
- they both want me to move in with them
- i don’t want to move in with either of them. i love them both dearly and they’ve done a lot for me but:
- my mother is not very accepting of my sexuality and not at all accepting of my gender, she condescends me and my interests constantly, and she’s very controlling and generally mean to me and everyone else
- my father is absolutely horrible to me whenever my mental illness makes itself known, he calls me stupid and other names and he never does anything around the house bc he thinks it’s not his place and he has serious anger issues
- i’m tired of living in an environment like that and it’s just getting worse as they’re getting more stressed and angry over the split
- i’m also trying to go back to school. they’re both planning to live in places where i would not be able to do this there. all i would be able to do is live with them and work all the time, the same thing i am doing now. i have been trying to save to go back to school, or to be more specific, to cover living expenses so i can go back to school, but the more i think about it the more i realize that the best choice for me would be to move in that direction now and then gradually ease into going back to school (like maybe take a class or two at a time)
- i have some money saved but it’s nowhere near what i need to move out and not be totally fucked if i can’t get a good job right away, and i’m not going to be so optimistic as to just assume that’s going to happen for me
- i’m trying to move out as soon as possible. i’m working almost every day (last week i worked 48 hours, the week before i worked 51) at a job that is incredibly draining for me, both physically, because i am there for 8-13 hours busting ass on the days that i work, and emotionally, because i don’t have time for myself or to spend time with friends or see anyone other than the people i work with/for, and because i’m a server and i honestly have a lot of difficulty with it bc i am mentally ill. there is a lot of short term memory stress and general workplace stress is very high because i work at a place where the guests own the restaurant and have been losing money there lately and a lot of them take it out on the employees, being rude or downright hateful and abusive.
- any help would be appreciated
- donations to my paypal (which is firstname.lastname@example.org) (there is also a button on my page) could expedite this process and help me afford things like cups and silverware and towels and pans and cleaning supplies and shit which i don’t currently have my own sets of and cannot take with me from my current living arrangement
- also if you have any advice/suggestions for moving out or living on your own i’d love to hear them because i know nothing about how to do this and i’m honestly fucking petrified
- also also if you live in jacksonville fl i’d like to make friends with people… i know literally nobody there and it’s really scary. i’d especially love to meet other queer/trans ppl bc being able to talk to ppl that understand and support me is rly important to me
- basically any help at all would be incredible even if all u can do is signal boost this
- thank you
so I guess at some point in the last few years nicol bolas ended up one of the big baddies of the magic: the gathering storyline
which is fucking hilarious to me because during my entire contact with magic the gathering, spanning over a decade, the only reference to him was a creature card where he was just some weird old dragon dude sitting in an armchair and reading some books
this is the final boss of magic the gathering now. life is amazing
so okay i just need to make a post about this new anime i started watching, Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru
it’s a magical girl anime, and one of the main characters is disabled
Togo was in an accident when she was little and hasn’t been able to move or feel her legs since. of course, i fucking lost my shit at a main character in an anime this season being disabled, but i was kind of curious and apprehensive about how they were going to handle her disability when she transforms.
see those ribbons? togo isn’t magically healed when she transformed, making her disability just something to make her unique when she’s a human. no, those ribbons are how she moves. her legs still don’t work, but the ribbons on her costume get her around and maneuver her so she can fight just as good as the other girls.
I AM SO. FUCKING. HAPPY.
DISABLED REPRESENTATION MATTERS.
A commission I did for cetaceanhandiwork
This was really fun to do, not going to lie.
The Cooltrainer♀ glitch rewrites chunks of Pokémon Red/Blue’s memory based on your immediate surroundings at a specified point in the past. For the protagonist in the game, the only way they could take advantage of this was by finding someplace which was already laid out the right way to bring about the effect they wanted.
But if you happen to have equipment to make a particular part of the map look like an “M” or a “Q”… if you could deliberately lay those out - like a sorceror laying out a magic circle - and then execute the glitch…
Well, it opens up some new possibilities, eh?
what i want you to know is that i have been fighting depression for at least half my life. i’m 26 now. soon coming on 27. haven’t “fixed” it yet, it’s still something i struggle with. but i’m better. it wasn’t easy. it was extremely hard. no one thing… changed it all. lot of factors. lot of time.
but i did get to this place. even after having that recovery derailed for about 3 years, between a job where i was emotionally manipulated and living in an apartment that was constantly on the edge of a physical throwdown. i’m here. i’m doing better. i’m stronger.
i was never alone. even when i believed it with all my heart, i was never alone. people are fighting this with me, including people who think they’re alone.
it’s so… fucking miserable. it hurts. it can keep you in bed for days, and there’s stacks of other shit you’re fighting the whole time besides. there’s always all other shit going on, it’s never just the depression.
but you’re not fighting it alone.
i am never going to tell someone it’s easy, because it’s not. what i do tell people, what i tell everyone, is that it is possible. and that you are not fighting it alone.
i squeeze my fist, and i know that many are squeezing back. even people i’ve never met. it gives me strength. and i give back. for someone else who might be squeezing that fist, and needs that strength, that knowledge, that there are others, elsewhere, out there, squeezing their hands as hard as they can.
you do not reach out alone.
we are an ocean. we may not see each other. we may never know each other. but plunge your hand in, squeeze, and know that others are squeezing back.
love y’all and take care of yourselves, best as you can.
As an artist, I will never understand why these teeny tiny canvases and these teeny tiny easels exist. Do people actually use these? Who are these people? They’re always stocked so there can’t be that much of a demand for them. Who has a collection of tiny paintings? I imagine they must be easier to store, but still.
at least based on my experience as someone who used to work in the supply closet of an arts magnet high school, they get used for painting class assignments with some frequency, presumably because when you’re using one you don’t have to fill a huge real canvas
the laughing cow cheese wedge company now has a 3D cgi bipedal talking version of their mascot and my immediate thought was “so when does this get to the side of furry fandom that’s all into food mascots or is tony the tiger’s reign too tight there”
what over/under would you give on how long it’ll take for shipping art of them to appear
Fun fact about American health care: if I ever need an organ transplant, I’ll somehow have to hide my autism, depression, and anxiety from the doctors, or else I’ll be disqualified under ideas about quality of life. It’s really great to know how valued disabled and neurodivergent lives are.
This is a very important issue, and has been one of the policy focuses we’ve had in the past year or so. There are some states trying to push through non-discrimination policies for transplants. For example, Paul’s Law in PA would, if passed, prevent mental and developmental disabilities from being used as a reason to deny a transplant. (Paul was a young autistic adult who was denied a heart transplant on the basis of being autistic.)
But it will take a lot of support to get these passed and in the meantime so many of us are at risk.
Thank you for this post, sanityscraps.
Saw you like glitch stuff so I thought I’d share my report on why missingno happens I did for a class. You can push the letter a on your keyboard to see all the notes and words and stuff.
For those of you who might have wondered about this.
Thanks for the submission, Minty!
HEY…FOR REAL THIS TIME….CHRIS GOT IT WORKING AGAIN
read bea’s comic imo
btw if anyone sent me an ask between this morning and about two hours ago then please resend it because I got a notification but no message